Automatic structured meshing that saves time while increasing accuracy
OMNIS™/AutoGrid is today’s reference in turbomachinery and engine design, offering high-quality full automatic multi-block structured meshing within minutes. With just a few simple clicks via a wizard-based workflow, OMNIS™/AutoGrid guides users from geometry to mesh for a variety of applications.
|OMNIS™/Autogrid includes access to AutoGrid5™.|
Increased reliability and accuracy of the simulation
Bulb topologies, partial hub and tip gaps, fillets and blunt leading and trailing edges
OMNIS™/AutoGrid streamlines the simulation workflow and guarantees the reliability of the results by ensuring a maximum mesh quality with a reduced number of cells, a controlled first cell size, and gridlines aligned with the flow paths.
Bulb topologies, partial hub and tip gaps, fillets, blunt leading & trailing edges, cooling holes, and bleed ports can all be easily meshed.
For a detailed example of bulb meshing Read more
A wizard for every application
Application-dedicated wizards guide the users to generate high-quality grids in a few minutes, ensuring a large reduction in product development time and effort.
Applications range from centrifugal pumps to turbofans and turbines to all types of propellers, asymmetric end-walls, casing treatment and many more.
Push the limits of full hex block structured meshing
Automatic block-division and high-quality meshing of axisymmetric domains
OMNIS™/AutoGrid produces high quality grids via state-of-the-art smoothing algorithms.
With special techniques such as ZR effects, NUMECA has pushed the limits of applicability of structured meshes.
Users can mesh all axi-symmetric effects such as cavities, ported shrouds, leakage paths, etc...
Automatic far-field mesh generation
The simulation of large machines, such as wind turbines or ship propellers, requires an very large domain, sometimes extended to hundreds of meters downstream and upstream the blades.
OMNIS™/AutoGrid automatically generates the far-field around a wind turbine with precisely one click, selecting the mesh settings for optimal mesh quality.
If the blade tip is rounded, the mesh blocks are cleverly rearranged to guarantee a reliable representation of the geometry for accurate simulations of helical tip vortices and cavitation.
Efficient flow simulation workflows
OMNIS™/AutoGrid is available as a standalone or bundled.
Within our OMNIS™ environment users can easily couple their own flow solver to our meshing technology and take advantage of a highly streamlined workflow.
Complete automation of the workflow from A to Z is made possible with the Python plugin API.
Instantaneous mesh previewing with on-the-fly texture mapping gives a quick preliminary sneak view of the mesh before even starting the grid generation process.
Structured and unstructured seamlessly combined
Within OMNIS™, mesh generation methods can be combined to benefit from the best of each technology, combining high-fidelity with speed
- The structured automatic, multi-block meshing tool OMNIS™/AutoGrid for structured meshes offers unsurpassed speed and accuracy for rotating equipment.
- OMNIS™/Hexpress provides high-quality unstructured meshing for even the most complex geometries.
Different methods can be used per domain of simulation or at different places of the same object and connected via non matching connections.
High-speed with automation and parallel shared memory
OMNIS™/AutoGrid offers complete automation from CAD import to post processing.
For the highest-fidelity analysis, where mesh size reaches hundreds of millions of cells, OMNIS™/AutoGrid operates in parallel, leveraging multi-cores’ computing power.
As a result, a 100-million-cell mesh can be produced in about 2 minutes on 16 cores!
- Mesh templates for the consistent and reliable generation of grids in optimizations
- A comprehensive Python API for a fully automatic mesh generation
- A series of mesh topologies with a combination of O, I and H blocks
- Automatic grid points distribution according to a target mesh size, as per the user's requirements
- Automatic far-field generation
- Fast smoothing algorithms yielding low skewness
- Single and Multistage configurations
- Theoretically limitless number of splitters
- Single and full passages (one periodicity or 360 degrees)
- Diffuser tandem configurations
- Bypass configurations for fans and boosters
- Dedicated topologies for any type of leading and trailing edges (rounded, blunt, trimmed)
- Mesh of tip and hub clearance, for shrouded or open impellers or rotors
- Hydraulic turbines dedicated features, such as pins, partial gaps
- Mesh of fillets with various approaches
- Non-axisymmetric tip blades and end walls
- Seals, labyrinths, recirculation treatments
- Bleed ports, cooling holes, tip basins...
- Full connectivity with IGG™ (NUMECA's general structured multiblock grid generator), allowing to interactively mesh up- and down-stream components such as volutes, ducts, condensers, pipe diffusers...