FINE™/Turbo - Broaden your range of compatibility
Two new features have been added to the Nonlinear Harmonic method (NLH):
- A new development allows the deformation of the periodic boundaries of a domain for a fluid-structure interaction simulation. This new feature brings critical advantages when a labyrinth seal or a blisk is taken into account in the model.
- Explicit Algebraic Reynolds-Stress turbulence models (EARSM) are now supported with the NLH method.
Pressure fluctuations NASA HECC compressor, SSC-EARSM model
Custom thermodynamic table data can be generated with the new version of NIST Reference Fluid Thermodynamic and Transport Properties Database (REFPROP).
REFPROP 10 is integrated into NUMECA’s tables generator TabGen: the benefits of this new version are:
- the availability of 147 pure fluids
- support for mixtures with up to 20 components
- new equations of state for some fluids
FINE™/Agile: Latest models and tools for an effective design
FINE™/Agile now includes the latest release from Concepts NREC (version 8.8), with numerous improvements and fixes for a better preliminary and detailed design.
Aungier’s model, as well as a new intelligent wizard, make the design in PUMPAL™ and COMPAL® easier and more exhaustive.
Mixed-flow designs created in Axial™ can be transferred to AxCent® with the relevant blade parametrization.
The detailed design of turbomachinery in AxCent® is faster, with user-defined equations for dependent geometric variables, and the fully automated analysis of a secondary flow path (casing treatments, backface, etc.).
FINE™/Design3D: Minamo power for Robust Design Optimization
The search for the optimal design in a Robust Design Optimization can be performed with the optimization kernel MINAMO: the advantage of performing such optimization is the possibility of finding a robust optimum, less sensitive to operational or geometrical uncertainties.
Left: base geometry - Right: optimized geometry
The efficiency of the new model is 1.8% higher and 28% less dispersed
We hope you enjoy this new version!