We are pleased to announce the official release of OMNIS™ 2.2 which gives you access to two applications:
- The OMNIS™/HEXPRESS Application, leveraging HEXPRESS™/Hybrid core capabilities within the OMNIS™ integrated environment
- The OMNIS™/OPEN Application (Beta - Technology Preview), giving access to the OPEN solver capabilities with the co-processing power of OMNIS™ for external aerodynamics applications
This version comes with a documentation platform fully integrated within the software, providing all necessary information to get started. It features two detailed tutorials giving a hands-on introduction to the OMNIS™ environment and tools.
You can access the same documentation through NUMECA’s online platform in our customer area on www.numeca.com.
Several improvements and new capabilities, described in the section 'New features' of the documentation, have been introduced to ease your daily work and extend the scope of application of OMNIS™.
We have added functionalities with special focus on external aerodynamics applications, but not only that!
- Get perfect orthogonality for far-field cells
- Control your Viscous Layer with cross-through buffer
- Use refinement primitives with more options (refinement of surfaces within volume)
- Take advantage of advanced mesh optimizations options
- Generate Cylindrical Full Hexa meshes
- Regroup surfaces automatically with fillets and sharp angle
Cylindrical mesh generation
With OMNIS™/OPEN (Beta - Technology Preview) :
- Monitor lift&drag for external flow
- Visualize new scalar quantities in your results analysis
- Compute Pressure Coefficients as a customized quantity with user-defined expression
- Use the SSC-EARSM turbulence for best in class separated flow predictions
- Simulate natural convection by taking into account gravity forces
- Take advantage of the CPU-Booster™ acceleration and use the Real Gas and Incompressible fluid models
- Keep the server running at the end of computations to allow direct post-processing
|NOW ALSO AVAILABLE: OMNIS™ Platform
The OMNIS™ platform is a fully integrated engineering environment based on a subset of the capabilitties of OMNIS™/Open and OMNIS™/HEXPRESS, giving design engineers access to a full simulation suite, at a very attractive price.
If you haven’t yet used OMNIS™ and desire to get access to it, please contact your account manager. The installation package can be downloaded directly from the customer area www.numeca.com.
More information about OMNIS™ here.
We welcome your comments and feedback at email@example.com
Automotive, Aerospace and Multiphysics Products & Applications Manager
NUMECA International S.A.
Ch. de la Hulpe 189 Terhulpse Steenweg - 1170 Brussels - Belgium
tel: +32 (0)2 643 35 78 - tel main: +32 (0)2 647 83 11 - fax: +32 (0)2 647 93 98
Web site: http://www.numeca.com