Faster convergence, same accuracy - and plenty of other improvements
Dynamic evolution of non-linear iterations and under relaxation coefficients during the acceleration phase of the boat has been implemented to get 25% of speedup, without any penalty on accuracy.
Drag convergence with and without the convergence booster
Convergence checker now interfaced
To avoid useless CPU time when the computation is already converged, the solver automatically stops the simulations when the physical quantities are converged. This interesting tool is now interfaced with smart default values to save time.
Convergence checker interface
4 new demo cases have been added to the documentation package to illustrate the maneuvring operations: roll damping, zig-zag, turning circle, and course keeping are now part of the standard simulations of FINE™/Marine. Also, 1 democase for seakeeping based on the Tokyo Workshop 2015 has been added.
ONRT Turning circle
Extension of the self-propulsion plugin to double screwed ships
The plugin dedicated to self-propulsion with modeled propellers in sliding grids has been extended to double screwed ships.
Self-propulsion plugin in action for 2 propellers
Several C-Wizard improvements
- Impose vertical center of gravity and let the C-Wizard calculate the longitudinal one
- Successive restarts now handled with relative time
- Convergence checker incorporated to save CPU time
- Seakeeping improvements to decrease number of cells and use ITTC inertia matrix
That’s not all!
- A new time step law to automatically define the time step in case of sliding or overset grids
- The possibility to handle ducted propellers from our Rhino3D plugin
- The improvement of the forces by section plugin in CFView to handle radial, tangential and axial forces distribution like for instance on propellers.
We hope you enjoy this new version!