The Fourth International Conference in Numerical and Experimental Aerodynamics of Road Vehicles and Trains (Aerovehicles 4), will be held August 23-25, followed by the 2nd Automotive CFD Prediction Workshop (Auto-CFD 2), August 26-27, in Berlin, Germany.
Aerovehicles 4 Conference:
Organized by the Hermann-Föttinger Institute of TU Berlin, Aerovehicles 4 is meant as a place where engineers and researchers can exchange their ideas in ground vehicle aerodynamics. It is a forum for engineers and scientists from both, industry (manufacturers and operators of road vehicles and trains) and universities to present and discuss recent advances in the field of vehicle aerodynamics.
Conference presentations will cover these topics:
- Time-dependent simulations of vehicle flows (DNS, LES, URANS and related techniques)
- Novel experimental techniques applied in vehicle aerodynamics
- Flow control applied to road vehicles and trains
- Aerodynamic shape optimization of vehicles
- Predictions of rapid changes in vehicle flow including wind-gust effects, overtaking, passage of other vehicles vehicle or infrastructure etc.
-Vehicle soiling, rain water management
- Numerical and experimental explorations of new techniques for drag reduction such as platooning (traveling in convoys)
More details on the conference can be found here.
Auto-CFD 2 Conference:
Full conference details are not yet available, but Auto-CFD 1 assessed the predictive capability of CFD codes for road-cars' geometries and brought the automotive CFD community (both academia and industry) together to discuss future directions. More details will be announced soon.