The reference in hydrodynamic simulation
Whether you're designing ship hulls, calculating flow rates in pipelines, evaluating green water effects on off-shore platforms, or simulating the opening of a river lock, NUMECA offers a dedicated solution to allow engineers to evaluate and optimize designs quickly.
A range of technology is available from traditional and efficient Navier-Stokes based solutions using fully automatic high quality mesh generators, to powerful Lattice Boltzmann technology providing fully transient LES-level accuracy simulations with no pre-processing steps.
Further, brand-new solver technology allows users to perform hydraulic calculations as fully-transient, with no pre-processing steps. Obtain a highly-accurate solution just by loading a geometry and hitting the "solve" button!
Open water propeller - cavitation
Resistance vs Sea trials
Hydraulic jump - Lattice Boltzmann
Offshore platform - slamming - green water
Application dedicated solutions
NUMECA’s CFD solutions enable fully-automated, virtual naval architecture and marine design with tools such as:
- A marine dedicated, flow-integrated environment for free-surface flow analysis including specific post-processing for the offshore and marine industries
- Drastically reduced engineering time for complete CFD simulation set-up, thanks to the C-Wizard
- Fully-automated mesh generators for high-quality, multi-block structured meshes or fully hexahedral unstructured meshes.
- Advanced mesh management capabilities for complex motions: sliding grids, overset grids, and our unique-to-market Adaptive Grid Refinement technique
- Advanced cable dynamics module for tug ships, floating offshore platforms, and many others.
Solutions can be rolled out on premises, On-Demand via dedicated HPC Cloud Computing Resources or a powerful combination of both.
Automatic set-up of the CFD chain with C-Wizard
The new C-Wizard drastically reduces engineering time for complete CFD simulation set-ups through an automated process.
It uses all the scripting tools from the interface to automatically set up different applications, such as:
- Resistance at low and high Froude numbers
- Trim optimization
- Planing hulls
All kind of boats are eligible for the C-Wizard: tankers, containers, high speed crafts, sailing or luxury yachts, even hydrofoils and open water propellers.
No need to spend time on setting numerical parameters. By specifying the physical inputs only, users receive a complete definition of the required simulations, including numerical aspects.