We are glad to announce the Official Release of FINE™/Turbo & FINE™/Design3D version 11.2.
This version comes with a documentation platform accessible on-line, or for download with the software package, in our customer area on www.numeca.com. AutoBlade™, AutoGrid5™ and CFView™ are also available as stand-alone.
Several improvements and new capabilities, described in the section 'New features' of the documentation, have been introduced to ease your daily work and extend the scope of application of FINE™/Turbo and FINE™/Design3D, in particular:
FINE™/Agile is the result of the integration of AutoGrid5™ and FINE™/Turbo into Concepts NREC Agile Engineering Design System. With FINE™/Agile, NUMECA offers a comprehensive turbomachinery solution from preliminary design to 3D CFD detailed analysis.
Designs created in AxCent®, Concepts NREC’s 3D detailed design module, can be analyzed with the NUMECA tools with just the push of a button.
FINE™/Design3D connects to AxCent®
With FINE™/Design 3D 11.2, it is now possible to perform a 3D CFD optimization using AxCent® as the parametric CAD modeler. With AxCent®, you can optimize the exact same geometry right from the preliminary design stage without re-fitting or geometry deviation.
Among many other new capabilities, AxCent® enables the user to perform a multi-stage optimization without additional scripting and adds many parameters related to manufacturability.
AutoGrid5™ - Partial gap defined by a cylinder
AutoGrid5 respects the cylindrical size and shape when defining the partial gap by a cylinder. One example of application is the mesh of a Kaplan turbine blade where whose pivot arm needs to be captured.
FINE™/Turbo - NLH: Injection of user-defined frequencies
In addition to the NLH flexibility, it is now possible to solve any user-defined harmonic not necessarily linked to the blade passing frequency. The user can define an inner perturbation that develops within a row and which can cross a rotor/stator interface, allowing him to model any periodic phenomenon whose frequency and mode is known. One example of application is the modeling of the rotating stall phenomenon.
Vortex shedding downstream of a cylinder modeled with NLH method
FINE™/Turbo - NLH speed-up with CPU booster
The NLH method is now compatible with the well-known CPU Booster acceleration technique. With CPU Booster, an NLH computation converges up to 10 times faster!
FINE™/Turbo - Rothalpy imposed boundary condition
It has been reported that the commonly used adiabatic wall could not be a suitable boundary condition for non-rotating shroud in a centrifugal compressor configuration and could lead to the overprediction of the total temperature ratio distribution at the endwall , particularly at the casing in a rotor.
To correct this inaccuracy, FINE™/Turbo introduces a new type of boundary condition based on rothalpy conservation.
HPCC compressor with a 4:1 pressure ratio
The impeller contains 15 main blades and 15 splitter blades, and the diffuser includes 24 vanes.
Design speed is 21,789 rpm with a mass flow rate of 4.54 kg/s.
Adiabatic and rothalpy preserving wall boundary conditions are compared.
Fixes and improvements
- Standalone installer (w/o administrator rights)
- Defaults surface triangulation
- Automatic update of matching periodicity
- Automatic computation of reference angle
- Uniform flow path distribution when using bypass configuration
- Python: Reset geometry repository counter
- Python: LE-TE B2B move
- Python: Project path
- Python: Import & Link CAD - Focus + Geometry Repository
- Python command for blade expansion
- Solver executable management
- FINE™/Turbo - Visualization of the FEA mesh and deformation
- Efficiency with cooling
- Output harmonic loads to ANSYS®
- QA Certified: Improve acoustic impedance for liners (stationary patches into a rotating block & frequency dependent impedance)
- QA Certified: improve R/S image mesh generation
- QA Certified: CPU booster for incompressible fluids and low speed
- Display mesh on cutting plane after saving
- Rotation/translation of a block
- User-defined cut axis for axisymmetric cutting curves
- Enhanced ANN training and accuracy
- Allow the use of external parametric modelers
Register for the webinar on FINE™/Turbo v11.2: new features webcast!
NUMECA customer area: http://portal.numeca.be/products
NUMECA online documentation: http://portal.numeca.be/docs/Default.htm
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org