Lattice Boltzmann CFD Engineer
What’s the opportunity?
To further sustain and accelerate its growth, NUMECA is looking for a Lattice Boltzmann CFD Engineer to join the NUMECA International team based in Brussels. NUMECA could also propose a research position, allowing the candidate to work towards a Phd in collaboration with a University.
What will you do?
- Extension of a Lattice Boltzmann solver capabilities (C++)
- Integration of the solver in the NUMECA software environment
- Extension of graphical interface capabilities (Qt, QML)
- Conception and numerical optimization of test-cases, validation simulations and simulations done by the consulting team
What’s great about joining this team?
You will be joining in a small & highly motivated team, working in close collaboration with an external company specializing in Lattice Boltzmann numerical solvers. Together, we will tackle a multitude of possible applications for high-end flow simulations using the Lattice Boltzmann method.
What are we looking for from you?
- A master or PhD degree in Fluid Mechanics is a prerequisite
- Proven experience applying the Lattice Boltzmann method for CFD
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows (XP+)
- Very good knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of Python and HPC is an asset
- Fluent English language is a prerequisite for the role
- Dutch and French are a plus.
Applicants should be highly motivated and dynamic, have good analytical and communication skills, be a team player able to meet the highest quality standards in software development. Proven skills in engineering problem solving and written/oral communication are essential.
What do we offer?
We offer to work in a stimulating, young and multicultural environment, and to be part of a dynamic and growing company. We propose competitive package (including profit sharing) and excellent job growth opportunities and mobility within NUMECA Group.
Please send motivation letter and resume plus relevant technical papers, reports, references, etc. to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate clearly the reference job number : DEV18-07