Born from the exclusive joint-venture between NUMECA and coupledNumerics, OMNIS™/Open-PBS widens the range of applications with fast and robust convergence for low-speed and incompressible flows.
Thanks to the simultaneous solution of momentum and continuity equations, with an implicit block coupling of pressure and velocity variables, the Open-PBS solver yields faster convergence compared to classical, loosely coupled, segregated pressure-based solvers.
This gain in convergence speed is accompanied by an improvement in numerical robustness for regimes ranging from low-speed to transonic and supersonic regimes.
The new technology has proved to be an invaluable resource for simulating the flow in a large number of applications, such as automotive, low-speed aircraft, drones and gliders, piping systems, heat exchangers, fans, hydraulic turbomachinery, …
Conjugate Heat Transfer and thermal management
The segregated formulation of the energy equation and the implicit treatment at the fluid-solid connections, allow the use of specific solving times or relaxation for the solid domains with an improved acceleration of the convergence for applications involving conjugate heat transfer.
- Heat exchanger
- Automotive thermal management
- Cooling systems
- Electric motor
Conjugate Heat Transfer of a water cooling jacket
Low speed rotating machinery
The coupled pressure-based solver is known to be more efficient for low-speed flow, thanks to the fully implicit pressure-velocity coupling algorithms. With multidomain capacities and multiple reference frames, a large range of low speed rotating machinery applications is efficiently solved with the coupled solver.
- Thermal turbomachinery
- Hydro turbines
Thanks to its implicit, second-order accuracy time marching algorithms, OMNIS-PBS exhibits excellent simulation speed for solving unsteady problems.
It supports multiple functionalities such as buoyancy, heat source terms, heat transfer...
Forced convection cooling of an electronic chip - steady-state computation (1250 RPM)
- Full Hexahedral Grids
- Direct CAD import capabilities
- CAD manipulation and decomposition tools
- Mesh wizard for rapid solution set-up and easy back and forth operation
- Buffer cell and boundary layer insertion
- Automatic refinement procedures
- Multi domain capabilities allowing the treatment of CHT and multi-part geometry models
- Full non-matching multi-block connection, allowing multi-row turbomachinery meshing
- Incompressible flow
- Compressible flow (from subsonic to supersonic)
- Steady and unsteady regimes
- Laminar and turbulent flows
- Multidomain capacity
- Conjugate heat transfer
- Heat source terms
- Fluid/fluid mixing plane
- Multiple reference frame
- Multi-projects and multi-views graphical user interface
- Python scripting technology
- Surface and 3D local value
- Color contour
- Cloud of particles
- Line chart
- Formula and operator derived quantities
- Live co-processing