Products & Applications Engineer - Academic
What’s the opportunity?
NUMECA proposes to the academic community R&D, classroom and student licenses. NUMECA's user-friendly software allows students to quickly learn about fluid mechanics and apply CFD to their project. At the same time academic researchers may use NUMECA software with its many advanced modules for state-of-the-art research including customization of the physical models in their CFD project using OpenLabs™.
What will you do?
- Define product requirements for academic use and follow up on needed developments with our development teams.
- Develop best practices and training.
- Build an academic user community with adapted marketing material.
- Follow up on academic users on NUMECA’s forum.
- Follow up and promote the use of OpenLabs™ for customization of the physics in the CFD project.
What’s great about joining this team?
You will be exposed to a large variety of applications as addressed in academic research and education. Interaction with the academic users and NUMECA’s expert development teams on these applications offer a continuous learning. OpenLabs™ allows you to offer solutions that go beyond what is implemented in commercially available flow solvers today. The building of a rapidly growing academic user community with makes this position a very interesting one where you will be able to make a difference.
Who and what are we looking for from you?
- A master degree in Fluid Mechanics is a prerequisite with master thesis or similar internship in CFD,
- Prior experience with a CFD package is an asset,
- English proficiency required and knowledge of Dutch or French is a plus.
Applicants should be highly motivated and dynamic, have good analytical and communication skills, and be a team player with sound interpersonal skills. Proven abilities in engineering problem solving and written/oral communication are essential.
What do we offer?
We offer to work in a stimulating, young and multicultural environment, and to be part of a dynamic and growing company. We propose competitive package (including profit sharing) and excellent job growth opportunities and mobility within NUMECA Group.
Please send motivation letter and resume plus relevant technical papers, reports, references to email@example.com.
Indicate clearly the reference job number: APP18-5.