New release - FINE™/Marine 6.1
We are glad to announce the Official Release of FINE™/Marine version 6.1. This version comes with a documentation platform accessible on-line, or for download with the software package, in our customer area on www.numeca.com.
Several improvements and new capabilities, described in the section 'New features' of the documentation, have been introduced to ease your daily work and extend the scope of applications, in particular:
Mutigrid pressure solver
FINE™/Marine introduces a new pressure solver method to drastically accelerate the computation time. From 20% for standard resistance cases to 60% for simulations where pressure resolution is highly important (cavitation prediction, etc.).
Laminar to turbulent transition model
Local Correlation-based Transition Modeling (LCTM) method has been developed for the K-W (SST-Menter) turbulence model to accurately differentiate the laminar from the turbulent zones.
Internal wave generator with sponge layers
Necessary for off-shore platforms and fixed ships in waves, the internal wave generator proposes to generate the wave directly inside the domain of simulation. Together with the sponge layers to damp the waves, they can avoid waves reflection from external boundaries.
Several C-Wizard improvements
- A matrix mode is now present for the hydrofoil: just give a .csv file (angles, draft, speed) and the C-Wizard takes care of the rest!
- Existing meshes can be used as well for the C-Wizard (from HEXPRESS™, HEXPRESS™/Hybrid, IGG™ or AutoGrid5™)
Other fixes and improvements
- User-defined profiles format extension
- New button to order the computation list
- Avoid 3D output saving to save disk space
- Automatic recognition of viscous layers for a better streaking correction
- Shear stress available in the list of mean variables
- Convergence checker for resistance applications as a dynamic library
- Dynamic library for zig-zag applications
- Option to reconstruct the last probe only
- Display mesh on cutting plane after saving
- User-defined cut axis for axisymmetric cutting curves
Register for the webinar on FINE™/Marine v6.1: new features webcast!
NUMECA customer area: http://portal.numeca.be/products
NUMECA online documentation: http://portal.numeca.be/docs/Default.htm
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org