New Release - FINE™/Marine major version 7.1
The new release of version 7.1 of the FINE™/Marine simulation software is out! Several improvements and new capabilities, described in the section 'New features' of the documentation, have been introduced to ease your daily work and extend the scope of application of FINE™/Marine.
1. Drastically improved C-Wizard:
- The matrix mode has been revised, all applications can now benefit from it. Same for the single mesh approach (one mesh for several speeds and drafts!).
- A mono-fluid mode has been added for the resistance application, allowing the investigation of appendages resistance for instance...
- A self-propulsion mode with actuator disk has been added, reading open water performance data.
Setting up simulations has never been so easy!
2. CAD preparation: Rhino export
You asked for it, here it is: the Rhino plug-in!
You can now enjoy a seamless workflow to export your CAD model from the Rhinoceros interface directly to the C-wizard, or to our meshing environment, hassle-free.
3. Mesh generator
The inflation technique now benefits from a smarter technique: inflation is no longer computed globally, but per cell. As a result, if the inflation cannot proceed at one location, the inflation will still continue elsewhere.
4. Flow solver
- Passive scalar model: A passive scalar model has been added to simulate pollutant or tracers with a classic simulation. This feature will allow you to simulate smoke going out of the chimney for instance.
- Modal approach: The modal approach has recently been improved to be compatible with adaptive grid refinement and now with overset. This is definitely interesting if the geometry will have high motion amplitude.
- Internal wave generator: The waves can be propagated in one direction only to reduce the mesh count. And also, irregular waves are available as from the dedicated boundary condition.
5. Several other improvements
- The maximum number of cores has been extended from 1K to 10K.
- It is now possible to copy degrees of freedom from one body to another
- An acceleration ramp is available to prescribe the power at the actuator disk
NUMECA customer area: http://portal.numeca.be/products
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org