Who should attend
New NUMECA users. Engineers, designers.
FINE™/Marine, the leading CFD software for naval architects and marine engineers, offers high accuracy flow simulation results on arbitrary and complex geometries, leading to shorter design cycles.
In the introductory training you will learn:
- All the fundamentals to start with the interface for the first time
- The essential elements to perform resistance applications from the CAD import to the analysis of the results
In the advanced training you will learn:
- Interesting methods for dynamic mesh refinements and interpolation techniques
- User-defined programs for advanced simulation
- Particular propulsion and seekeeping setups
| Introductory training
- Project architecture
- Meshing fundamentals
- CAD import and domain creation
- Meshing guidelines for marine applications
- Practice: mesh generation for a fully appended hull
- Hydrostatic calculations
- Guidelines for project setup
- Practice: setup and launch a fully appended hull resistance calculation
- Task management,and monitoring
- C-Wizard: automated project setup for resistance computations
- Setup of mono-fluid cases: wind studies or underwater vehicles
- Results analysis tool
- Post processing of steady simulations
- Post-processing of unsteady cases with animations.
- Wake flow analysis, forces by section and other analysis tools.
- Python scripting with practical examples
- Shallow water guidelines
- Open questions
| Advanced training
Day 4 and/or Day 5
Possible topics include:
- Propulsion: actuator disk & sliding grids, self-propulsion
- Dynamic libraries for user-defined programs
- Python scripting
- Adaptive grid refinement technique
- Overset grids
Timing and Venue
From FEBRUARY 25 - 27 (introductory training), 2019.
NUMECA International offices: Ch. de la Hulpe 189 Terhulpse Steenweg
1170 Brussels - Belgium
To register to the classroom training, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any question or wish to hear more about the training, let us know.
Share this article